Friday, January 05, 2007

Warm Potatoes, Warm Feet, Cold Blooded Killers




Patt-er, Recipe: Twice Roasted Potatoes from from The New Best Recipe (a Christmas present)
Modifications: None deliberately, even tracked down buttermilk, which is apparently hard to find.
Troubles: Broiler cooked potatoes faster than recipe called for.
Final verdict: DELICIOUS! However, a lot of effort for something that doesn't taste so different from the way I do baked potatoes. Would probably do again without the hard to find igrediants, and fiddle with the broiler to see if I could get a crisper crust without burning the rest.


I don't know why he wanted to do it over our dirty sink, but here is Tech Supports arty shot of my new sock.



I love these socks. I am planning to buy clothing to go with my socks. I am a little sick.

And in the reading department, I'm working on Darkly Dreaming Dexter. A story about a serial killer who preys on other serial killers, and also works as a forensic blood spatter analyst. I'm enjoying it, but honestly not as much as the Showtime TV series. Perhaps it's because Michael H. Hall is cute. Perhaps it's because they had to make him more sympathetic to carry an entire series. Still, I enjoy reading a first person novel with so much voice to it.

And I am too tired to write a more interesting post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice socks and nice potatoes, I like your reso to make one new dish a week. I might try that myself.

Anonymous said...

I love the socks.