Friday, November 30, 2007

Why do I like these guys?

They're difficult. They make bad choices. They don't see what should be right in front of them because they're caught up in their pasts. They can be self destructive. They could use a few hours on the therapists chair. They don't do what I tell them to do, and sometimes go off in their own direction entirely. They bring things to a standstill when they don't like what is happening and won't move again until they get their way. They make waves, and can never leave well enough alone. And if I leave them alone, they do nothing at all.

Sometimes I have to remind myself that I like the main characters in my book.

2 comments:

Gina Black said...

LOL! It's the same thing that my mom (and yr grandmom) said about kids . . . when they act like they deserve it the least is when they need your love the most.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.