Monday, May 18, 2009

Food and Cats

A few months ago I finished doing laundry and didn't feel like folding it right away. If you have ever had a cat, you know how this story goes. Well, in this case James beat Sylvester to the punch, but she wasn't going to let him have the best spot all to himself.


Last night I made Chicken Tikka Masala. As mentioned before, cooking chicken and other meats always makes me nervous. So I got an instant read thermometer, which would let me know if the meat was done. Still, I jabbed it nervously into the chicken and stared at the numbers, trying to figure out if the slow rate they were increasing meant anything.

J-Po, sitting across the kitchen, told me quite sternly that the chicken was done and he'd eat it all if I was really afraid. Luckily, it didn't come to that.


I also managed to squirt tomato all over myself while attempting to convert diced tomatoes to crushed tomatoes with a potato ricer in a hurry. Who knew that was a bad idea?

Despite that, the food came out great. I'm feeling my kitchen Mojo returning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Sara,
What a wonderful photo of the girls! And I am so excited to be able to read your blog. Didn't know about it until now- and I look forward to following it from now on-Rosie ( my friend) has been over the moon because you are a cook and so is she and she loves the recipes! Things are fine here - kinda. I'm still working with Joe - my 80 year old gay friend who was tossed out of his home when his partner of 30 years passed away. The family is Moron- etc. and just discarded him. Joe now has legal representation and could end up with house! plus I have decorated his little room with a new TV and furniture. He had to leave his home with only his clothes - unbelievable - not even a photo of his partner. Just another story about someone without a voice. Anyway-I am enjoy your writing and will be reading all of the blogs. Please keep me posted about the great one- isn't he the most wonderful person ? I miss you both and the kitties- hope to see you soon. Love, Sandy